News: 2 people possibly injured after electric scooter battery explodes

AUSTIN, TX – Two people may have been injured after an electric scooter reportedly caused a fire at a hotel in northwest Austin early this morning, according to the Austin Fire Department.

pic.twitter.com/LzqS7Mr8Cw— Austin Fire Info (@AustinFireInfo) September 10, 2021

The incident occurred at a second-floor unit at Sonesta Simply Suites, located at 9701 Stonelake at around 5:20 a.m.

Authorities believe the blaze started as an electric scooter battery was charging in one of the hotel rooms. The owner took the battery outside just before it exploded into the hallway.

Two people were evaluated at the scene by emergency officials. Their current condition was not available.

Contact an Austin personal injury lawyer if you or a loved one have been injured due to a faulty product or another person’s negligence. Adam Loewy has experience helping people just like you get justice and compensation after a difficult situation. Call 512-280-0800 for your free consultation.